Pastor of Student Ministries
Qualities & Philosophy of a Youth Leader
We are looking for a Shepherd/Pastor who will faithfully care for and lead the youth and children of our church to know and love the gospel and the Savior of the gospel, Jesus Christ; develop joyful and committed disciples of Christ; foster a community of love and encouragement through the Holy Spirit; and be willing to coordinate with the overall ministry of the church to become a healthy and vibrant multi-generational community of believers.
- Scripturally qualified according to I Timothy 3:1-7; I Peter 5:1-4; Titus 1:6-9
- Committed to the Statement of Faith of FBC and our philosophy of youth ministry
- Theological training
- Committed to Baptistic doctrines and principles
- Experience in working in children’s and youth ministries
- Passionate and skilled to work with youth, children, and their families
Accountability: Will report to the Senior Pastor
Qualities of a Youth Leader
- Committed to the Word of God in theory and practice
- Teachable attitude
- Models a sincere and loving humility
- Demonstrates a godly wisdom
- Understands and emphasizes the Gospel
- Demonstrates the fruits of the Spirit
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Models a sincere love and commitment to youth
- Committed to endorsing and working according to the guidelines of our philosophy of youth ministry as a church.
Philosophy of Youth Ministry at FBC
- Makes disciples of Jesus Christ who are growing and maturing as believers
- Seeks to keep the Gospel of Christ prominent and foundational
- Partners with parents in their God-given responsibilities to their youth
- Devoted to teaching and guiding the ministry by the entirety and the sufficiency of the Scriptures
- Places an importance on prayer and learning how to pray
- Supports and integrates with the whole church-all generations and the vision of the overall church
- Creates a place of sincere fellowship of encouragement and accountability for the youth
Responsibilities: Will roughly spend time equally in supporting and developing youth and children’s ministries.
- Oversee all Junior and Senior High youth ministries
- Develop/maintain lay leadership teams for the Junior and Senior high ministries
- Organize and direct others to organize retreats, field trips, seminars, etc. for the Junior and Senior high ministries
- Develop a comprehensive youth ministry including but not limited to: Sunday School, outreach, Missions, etc.
- Meet periodically with youth for counseling and encouragement
- Meet regularly with lay youth leaders
- Communicate with parents of the youth and have periodic meetings with them
- Be an example of Christ to the youth of the church in all of their conduct
- Assist in the worship services; serve as an ex-officio member of the church council; and attend all church business meetings
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for the children and families who participate in activities at FBC
- Provide organization for the nursery
- Coordinate Sunday school classes by recruiting, training, managing, and empowering Sunday school teachers. Also, choose Biblical curriculum for these classes.
- Coordinate the AWANA ministry including recruiting and training leaders, advertising, and providing leadership for all related activities.
- Work in coordination with other ministries such as Mom’s, Trail Life, American Heritage Girls, etc.
- Coordinate and provide leadership for our VBS ministry by recruiting, training, managing, and advertising.
Full-time compensation will be given based upon education and experience