Qualities & Philosophy of a Youth Leader
- Committed to the Word of God in theory and practice
- Teachable attitude
- Models a sincere and loving humility
- Demonstrates a godly wisdom
- Understands and emphasizes the Gospel
- Demonstrates the fruits of the Spirit
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Models a sincere love and commitment to youth
- Committed to endorsing and working according to the guidelines of our philosophy of youth ministry as a church.
- Makes disciples of Jesus Christ who are growing and maturing as believers
- Seeks to keep the Gospel of Christ prominent and foundational
- Partners with parents in their God-given responsibilities to their youth
- Devoted to teaching and guiding the ministry by the entirety and the sufficiency of the Scriptures
- Places an importance on prayer and learning how to pray
- Supports and encourages the youth group to be integrated into the overall ministry and vision of the church
- Creates a place of sincere fellowship of encouragement and accountability for the youth
First Baptist Church of Anoka, MN is looking for a part-time Youth Leader who would work approximately 20-25 hours per week. Experience in youth ministry is not required but is beneficial. The Youth Leader would work with and be accountable to the Sr. Pastor. Compensation would be determined primarily by experience and education.
The candidate we are seeking should be firmly committed to the Word of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ, agrees with our Statement of Faith, will seek to humbly model and teach our youth to be followers of Christ, exhibit a zeal for working with youth, and is willing to help coordinate with the overall ministry of the church to become a healthy and vibrant multi-generational church.
First Baptist Church is a traditional congregation of 120-150 people who want to be faithful to the Scriptures, but also want to grow in reaching our culture and our community with the Gospel. For more information about us, look around our website or check us out on Facebook.